Saturday, December 15, 2007

Dear Jerry, Rest in Peace . . . (from Nancy Klein)

We're sorry to have to pass along the following news sent by Philadelphia Jerry Ricks' constant partner and traveling companion, Nancy Klein, on Monday, Dec. 10, from Croatia:

It is with a most sorrowful heart, I tell you of the passing of our Beloved Jerry Ricks, Monday morning, 10:05 in hospital, Rijeka, Croatia. He will be missed tremendously by all those who loved him,and for the joy he brought to so many around the world through his ownstyle of Blues.
With Love,
Nancy

4 Comments:

At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been trying to avoid this information for a few months. I heard he was sick. This breaks my heart, and I think it will hurt my wife even more. What a terrible loss. Great thanks to Jim/Rooster for giving us the albums we have. Jerry was something really special.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nancy, my thoughts and prayers are with you as well. I had not heard of Jerry's illness or passing till this week at the August Heritage workshop.

Please know you always have friends here, and I am thinking of you too. I will always treasure my memories of Jerry and all that he taught me is with me as I teach at Blues Week and anytime I play guitar

Joan Fenton

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger anderson3640 said...

Great site, hope there's lots more to come!

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger anderson3640 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home